Hautlence is known and acknowledged for its original concepts in reading time. It adopts a think tank approach and brings a new vision to the art of watchmaking, while respecting its traditions. Since its creation in 2004, Hautlence has been a brand in a league of its own. It plays with design codes just as it does with its name – an anagram of the city of Neuchâtel in tribute to the cradle of watchmaking and to its expertise.
In 2012, its reputation was further strengthened by the arrival at the company helm of one of the industry’s most well-respected personalities, Georges-Henri Meylan. Together with brand Co-Founder Sandro Reginelli, they are currently writing one of the finest chapters in the history of alternative 21st century watchmaking, backed by a top-notch and highly motivated team and by the finest artisans of the region. Hautlence is clearly going to make its mark on time.
Hours, retrograde minutes and power-reserve indicator.
– Case : black DLC-coated grade 5 titanium;
– Horns : black DLC-coated grade 5 titanium, screw-in;
– Crown : polished 18-carat 4N pink gold with micro-machined HAUTLENCE logo;
– Glass : 3 three-dimensional sapphire crystals, scratch-resistant, produced by multi-axis grinding;
– Alternating finishes : sand-blasting, satin-brushing and hand polishing;
– Horn and case-back screws : 18-carat 4N pink gold;
– Dimensions : 50 x 42 x 17.8 mm;
– Weight : 49 grams.
– Calibre description :
2 barrels : one finishing barrel (power reserve for the entire watch calibre including power for the second barrel) and a complication barrel.
Hours displayed by a 12-link chain hinged on a pallet system. The speed regulator ensures that the hours display changes in a controlled and jerk-free mannner in 3-4 seconds instead of instantly. It completes 48 revolutions at each hour change. Hours system activated by a one-revolution mechanism mainly composed of a connecting rod and a rack.
Movement kinematics featuring 90° changes of direction by means of special bevelled gears.
Automatic calibre with oscillating weight in 18-carat white gold.
This innovative calibre is protected by 3 HAUTLENCE patents.
– Dimensions : 37.8 x 33.2 x 12.35 mm;
– Manufacturing technology : multi-axis micro-machining, wire EDM, LIGA photolithography;
– Number of components : 552;
– Power reserve : 45 hours;
– Regulating organ : 18,000 vibrations/hour;
– Number of jewels : 92;
– Finishing : fine-watchmaking type (satin-brushed, hand-drawn, hand-bevelled, ruthenium-anthracite coating and mirror-polished steel elements);
– Identification and numbering plate : HL2.X.
– Upper sapphire dial face : white superluminova-enhanced and 4N pink gold metallized minutes and hour-markers
– Lower sapphire dial face : shiny 4N pink gold metallization, semi-opaque metallized black area and black-varnished opaque area
– Hours numerals : 4N pink gold -plated underplate with superluminova-enhanced black-varnished hours numerals
– Minutes hand : 4N pink gold -plated with white superluminova tip
– Power-reserve hand : steel with white superluminova indicator
– Strap : Brown and black hand-sewn rolled-edge Louisiana alligator leather, large square scales, black rubber, interchangeability spring bar
– Folding clasp : titanium and 18-carat 4N pink gold.